This is a very light and easy quinoa salad that everybody will love. I recommend keeping it in the fridge and serving it chilled. It will stay fresh in the fridge for about 5 days. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes about 3-4 servings
- 1 C Quinoa (uncooked)
- 3 C (packed) Spinach
- 1/2 C Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 t Minced Garlic
- 4 T Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime
- 1/4 C Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 C Chopped Cucumber
- 1/2 C Canned Organic Sweet Corn, Drained
- 1/3 C Toasted Pine Nuts
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the 1 C quinoa in 2 C of water. This should take about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the green sauce. In a food processor, blend the spinach, cilantro, minced garlic, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, and 2 T of water. The sauce should be almost completely liquified- There should be no large chunks of spinach. Set aside.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, put it in a bowl and let it cool.
- Add the chopped red onion, chopped cucumber, organic sweet corn, and toasted pine nuts into the quinoa bowl. Slowly stir in the green sauce until the quinoa is covered evenly. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Chill the quinoa salad in the refrigerator until it is ready to be served.
*If you would like to include more protein to this quinoa salad, it tastes great with chickpeas added to it.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Quinoa is loaded with Potassium and Magnesium which supports a healthy heart. Eating quinoa also supports bone health, a healthy digestive system, and contains disease-fighting antioxidants.
-Spinach aids in detoxifying the body and supporting liver function. It is a great source of fiber, boosts immunity, preserves skin health, and defends against heart disease.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com