There’s no better way to do Brussel sprouts than mixing it with homemade pesto. These sprouts are nutty, lemony, and full of great flavor. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 50 minutes
Makes about 6-7 servings
For Pesto Sauce:
- 2 C Packed Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 C Raw Walnuts
- 1/4 C + 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 t minced Garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 1 T Water
- Salt & Pepper
For Brussel Sprouts:
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Pine Nuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients for the pesto in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Prepare the Brussel sprouts. Wash and chop them in half. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Spread the sprouts on the sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven. Transfer the sprouts into a bowl. Pour the pesto sauce over the sprouts and mix together. Top with chopped walnuts or pine nuts.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Brussel Sprouts are one of the best suppliers of Vitamin K (which keeps your bones healthy), Vitamin C (which boosts immunity),balances blood sugar, improves brain function, and protects eye & skin health
-Walnuts contain Omega-3s, improve brain and heart health, and help fight depression