These mango coconut squares are no bake and easy to make. They are a flavor-packed treat made with healthy ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 C Dried Mango (I used an entire bag of Trader Joe’s Unsweetened & Unsulfured Dried Mango)
- 6 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 1/2 C Shredded Coconut
- 2 t Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 C Raw Unsalted Cashews
- 3 T Maple Syrup or Honey
- A Dash of Sea Salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is finely chopped up. It may take several minutes until everything is processed.
- Scoop the mango coconut mixture out of the food processor and press into a square pan. Press the mixture down with your hands or a spatula until it is about 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick. As you can see from my photo below, the mixture didn’t cover the entire bottom of the pan. That is okay- you don’t want to spread it too thin.
- Set the pan in the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes. When you are ready to enjoy, remove the pan from the fridge. Cut into large squares, mini squares, strips, or whatever your heart desires!
- Feel free to top the mango coconut squares with shredded coconut or cashews.
- This recipe makes about 6 2.5″x2.5″ squares. You can cut them down into smaller pieces to make more squares. Keep the mango coconut squares in the fridge to keep them fresh.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Dried mango can soothe inflammation in the skin, aids in digestion due to the fiber it contains, improves bone density, and boosts body circulation. However, dried mango is high in natural sugars, so enjoy in moderation.
-Coconut improves immunity, improves the digestive system, and boosts heart health.
-Cashews protect bone health and promote heart health. They also contain many important proteins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.organicfacts.net