This is my recipe for lemon-ginger daily detox juice. The best part of this recipe is that you do NOT need a juicer to make it! Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric together can remove toxins in the body, are filled with antioxidants, and enhances immunity. This is a great juice to drink in the morning to cleanse your body and to make sure your digestion is optimal. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Makes about 850 mL of juice
- 150 g Fresh Ginger
- 3.5 C Filtered Water
- 2 Lemons
- 1/2 t Turmeric Powder
- 2 T Honey or Agave Nectar
- In a medium sized pot, bring the 3.5 C of water to a boil.
- While the water is boiling, peel the skin off of the fresh ginger. Cut into large chunks.
- Once the water is boiled, place the peeled ginger chunks into the water. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, squeeze the juice out of the 2 Lemons. Add to the ginger water after the 20 minutes of simmering.
- Add the turmeric powder and honey/agave nectar. Stir to combine and turn off heat.
- Let the juice cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a pitcher and store in the refrigerater.
- Before serving, stir the juice around as the turmeric has a tendency to settle at the bottom.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Lemon enhances immunity, removes toxins in the body, promotes heart health, prevents kidney stones, improves skin health, and increases iron absorption.
-Ginger reduces inflammation, improves digestion, and reduces nausea.
-Turmeric fights inflammation, is high in antioxidants, boosts skin health, reduces depression symptoms, and contains anticancer effects.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com