Recently I have been obsessed with making healthy treats with a sneaky ingredient: CARROTS! If you haven’t already checked out my Sweet & Creamy Carrot Pudding recipe, you must try it. Adding carrots to your healthy treats is great because you are getting so many extra health benefits, yet it does not taste like you are eating vegetables. Today I am sharing with you my easy, no-bake, vegan carrot cake oatmeal bars. These are good as a delicious breakfast or snack. I like to add a dollop of coconut yogurt on top of mine. Enjoy!
Preparation + Chill Time: 55 minutes
Makes about 9-10 servings
- 5 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 2 T Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 lb Carrots (peeled)
- 1/3 C Almond Butter
- 6 T Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 t Vanilla Extract
- 3 t Cinnamon
- 2 t Allspice
- 2 t Ginger Powder
- 1 T Ground Flax Seed
- 1 T Orange Juice
- Dash of Salt
- 1 1/4 C Pecans (divided)
- 2 C Oats
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender except the pecans and oats. Take 1 C of the Pecans and add to the blender, leaving 1/4 C aside. Blend the ingredients until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a large bowl. Add the 2 C of Oats. Mix with a large wooden spoon until evenly incorporated.
- Chop the remaining 1/4 C of pecans into small pieces. Add to the large bowl and evenly mix into the batter.
- Scoop the mixture from the bowl into a square 8″x8″ pan. Press down with a spatula until it is completely flat and evenly distributed. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bars.
- Store the bars in the fridge.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Carrots are very high in Vitamin A, which protects eye health and vision. They are high in antioxidants, can help lower cholesterol, help protect against cancer, improve immunity, boosts skin health, and helps improve brain function.
-Dates have high levels of soluble fiber which optimizes digestion. They also decrease cholesterol, boost energy, and boost bone health.
-Oats are high in fiber, reduces heart disease risk, and lowers cholesterol.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com