One of my favorite breakfasts to make are smoothie bowls! This tropical green smoothie bowl is packed with tasty, wholesome fruits and vegetables which will help power your day. You can also add protein powder or a scoop of almond butter to the smoothie for some extra protein. This bowl is especially enjoyable in the summer on a warm morning. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 of 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 C Nut Milk (I used Cashew Milk)
- 1/2 C Frozen Mango
- 1/2 C Frozen Pineapple
- 2 T Orange Juice
- 1/2 C Spinach
- 2 T Agave Nectar or Honey
- Toppings: Chopped Strawberries, Chopped Kiwi, Granola, Shredded Coconut
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse on high until the smoothie is thick and creamy. Everything should be completely blended.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Top the smoothie with chopped strawberries, chopped kiwi, granola, and shredded coconut.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Avocado protects heart health, aids in better digestive health, protects from diabetes, balances hormones naturally, and boosts your mood. It is also great for keeping your hair, skin, and eyes healthy.
-Spinach aids in detoxifying the body and supporting liver function. It is a great source of fiber, boosts immunity, preserves skin health, and defends against heart disease.
-Mango lowers cholesterol, clears the skin, helps eye health, alkalizes the whole body, helps with diabetes, boosts immune system and improves digestion.
-Pineapple boosts immune system, improves digestion, improves fertility, supports heart health, helps mental health, reduces inflammation, and prevents asthma.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com and http://www.realfoodforlife.com