Fruit and Nut Mix is one of my favorite protein-filled snacks. This tropical mix is the perfect mixture of subtle sweetness and salty crunch to satisfy your healthy snack cravings. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: About 35 minutes
- 2 C Raw Cashews
- 1 C Raw Pistachios
- 1 T Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 T Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/3 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 T Chia Seeds
- 1 C Dried Mango, roughly chopped
- 1/2 C White Dried Mulberries
- 1 C Unsweetened Banana Chips, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the cashews and pistachios in mixing bowl. Mix in the melted coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, shredded coconut, salt, and chia seeds. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes. Take the tray out and shake so that the mixture moves around. Put the tray back in the oven and bake an additional 6-7. minutes. The nuts should be golden. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, transfer to a large bowl. Mix in the dried mango, mulberries, and banana chips. Stir to combine.
- Transfer your finished fruit and nut mix into a mason jar.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Dried mango can soothe inflammation in the skin, aids in digestion due to the fiber it contains, improves bone density, and boosts body circulation. However, dried mango is high in natural sugars, so enjoy in moderation.
-Dried mulberries are rich in antioxidants, boosts immune system, improves digestive health, boosts heart health and metabolism, and reduces bad cholesterol.
-Pistachios boost immunity, control diabetes, aids in digestion, aids in wound healing, and reduces risk of heart attacks and strokes.
-Cashews protect bone health and promote heart health. They also contain many important proteins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and B vitamins.