This salad is inspired by the tasty flavors of Thai cuisine. The fresh mango and pineapple make this dish refreshing and juicy. Enjoy this salad as a perfect light dinner for a warm summer’s night.
Preparation + Cook Time: 40 minutes
Makes about 6-7 servings
- 1 C Uncooked Quinoa
- 3 C Red Cabbage, shredded
- 3 C Chinese Cabbage, shredded
- 1 C Carrots, shredded
- 1 can of Organic Corn
- 1 C Fresh Diced Pineapple
- 1 C Fresh Diced Mango
- 1/3 C Roasted Cashews, chopped
- 2 tsp Finely Grated Lemongrass
- 1/4 C Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 C Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 3 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 2 T Honey
- 2 t Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 T Orange Juice
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 1/4 t Galic, minced
- Cook the 1 C of quinoa in 2 C of water. Bring to a boil. Turn to a simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is cooked. Let it cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the “salad ingredients” and stir until evenly mixed.
- In a separate container, mix all of the “dressing ingredients” with a whisk. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix evenly with a wooden spoon. Serve up!
Benefits of this recipe:
-Quinoa is loaded with Potassium and Magnesium which supports a healthy heart. Eating quinoa also supports bone health, a healthy digestive system, and contains disease-fighting antioxidants.
-Cabbage boosts the immune system, fights inflammation and arthritis, reduces osteoporosis risk, and promotes a healthy gut.
-Mango lowers cholesterol, clears the skin, helps eye health, alkalizes the whole body, helps with diabetes, boosts immune system and improves digestion.
-Pineapple boosts immune system, improves digestion, improves fertility, supports heart health, helps mental health, reduces inflammation, and prevents asthma.