When I am baking desserts, I try to create recipes that are very simple with minimal, healthy ingredients. This fudge brownie recipe is made with only 5 ingredients, one of them being bananas! However, you would never even guess that there are bananas in this recipe. These brownies are chocolatey and rich, so I recommend cutting them into small squares and enjoying them with a scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 C Almond Butter (no sugar or salt added)
- 1/2 C Cacao Powder
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C Non-dairy Chocolate Chips plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Unpeel the bananas and put them in a large mixing bowl. Mash them with a fork until they are completely mashed.
- Add the almond butter to the bananas and mix with an electric beater. Next, add the vanilla extract and cacao powder. Mix until the cacao powder is completely incorporated into the wet ingredients. Finally, add the chocolate chips.
- Grease a 7″x7″ square pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the pan. Top with a handful of more chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely for 25 minutes. Cut into small squares.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Bananas boost energy, are high in potassium, improves digestive health, and is a good source of brain, skin, and bone health-boosting manganese.
-Almond butter contains many essential nutrients that protects heart health, supports a healthy brain function, maintains skin health, helps control blood sugar levels, and maintains good bone and dental health.
-Cacao can improve stress levels, cholesterol, and heart health.