Chocolate hummus is a great option for a healthy dessert. You can dip or spread anything you want with it! I would recommend dipping fresh fruit in it such as apples or strawberries, or snacks like pretzels and crackers. This would also be a delicious treat to put on a platter to bring to a party. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Can (15 oz) of Chickpeas, drained
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- 4 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- In a food processor or high speed blender, simply blend all of the ingredients together. The consistency should be smooth like hummus.
- Scoop the chocolate hummus into a small bowl. Optional: top with shredded coconut or cacao nibs for garnish.
- If you are making this for guests, prepare a platter with chopped fruit, crackers, pretzels, etc. for dipping.
Health benefits of this recipe:
-Chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, improves digestion because of high fiber content, helps protect against heart disease, is a good source of protein, and contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as zinc, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
-Cacao can improve stress levels, cholesterol, and heart health.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com