These black bean tacos topped with fresh mango salsa and homemade guacamole are a delicious choice for a summer inspired taco. I recommend making extra mango salsa to snack on it with some tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 50 minutes
To make the Mango Salsa
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 Mangoes, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 C of Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 C of chopped Green Onion
- 1/4 C of finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp of Diced Green Chiles
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/t tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until everything is evenly mixed through. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the Guacamole
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 C Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Medium Tomato, Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 1/3 C Chopped Cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime
- Dash of Chili Powder
- Dash of Salt + Pepper
- In a bowl, mash the avocados until there are no large chunks.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside.
For the Spiced Lime Roasted Corn:
- 4 Corn on the Cob
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Minced Garlic
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Dash of Salt + Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the corn from the husks.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt + pepper. Whisk with a fork to evenly mix all ingredients.
- Place each corn on the cob on an individual piece of aluminum foil. Brush the corn with the lime-olive oil mixture. Wrap each corn on the cob in its piece of foil, and place into the oven rack. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool off for several minutes. After it has cooled, cut the corn off of the cobs with a serrated knife and transfer to a bowl.
For the Black Beans:
- 2 Cans of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Diced Green Chiles (canned)
- 1/4 C Diced Red Onion
- 1/4 C Diced Tomato
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- Put the beans, green chiles, red onion, diced tomato, and olive oil in a pot over low heat. Continue to stir the pot until the onions start to soften.
- Add the cumin and salt and pepper. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
Other important ingredients:
- Tortillas (I use Siete brand Gluten Free Cassava Tortillas)
- Green Onions for topping your tacos
Assembling your tacos:
- Heat the tortillas on a skillet to warm them up.
- On each tortilla, top them with a scoop of black beans, guacamole, roasted corn, mango salsa, and lastly green onions.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Black Beans are high in protein and fiber. They are filled with many valuable vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B1 thiamine, etc. These vitamins and minerals improve cardiovascular health, protects against cancer, maintains digestive health, provides long lasting energy, and keeps blood sugar stable.
-Avocado protects heart health, aids in better digestive health, protects from diabetes, balances hormones naturally, and boosts your mood. It is also great for keeping your hair, skin, and eyes healthy.
-Mango lowers cholesterol, clears the skin, helps eye health, alkalizes the whole body, helps with diabetes, boosts immune system and improves digestion.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com