This fried rice dish is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. Feel free to throw in your favorite protein source, such as chickpeas. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups of diced onion
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onion
- 1 tsp of fresh minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil (divided)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup of chopped cashews
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped pineapple
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Cook the rice in 2 cups of water and prepare according to package. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Prepare all of the veggies- wash and chop everything and have them ready for stir frying.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large wok. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until lightly browned. Next, add the carrots, red pepper, green beans, green onion, and ginger to the wok. Sauté for about 10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chilled basmati rice to the wok along with 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp of soy sauce and 1 Tbsp of olive oil to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Stir in the 1 tsp of curry powder, 1/4 tsp of pepper, 1 Tbsp of lime juice and 1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro. Keep the wok on low for 3-4 minutes so that the rice can absorb all of the flavors. If the rice starts to stick to the bottom, add a little bit of water.
- Finally, add the pineapple, cashews, and sesame seeds to the wok and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Benefits of this recipe:
-Pineapple boosts immune system, improves digestion, improves fertility, supports heart health, helps mental health, reduces inflammation, and prevents asthma.
-Carrots are very high in Vitamin A, which protects eye health and vision. They are high in antioxidants, can help lower cholesterol, help protect against cancer, improve immunity, boosts skin health, and helps improve brain function.
-Green beans can help control diabetes, boosts immunity, helps improve bone health, and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
-Bell pepper can help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease, supports healthy eyes, improves immunity, helps maintain good mental health, and keeps your skin glowing and healthy.