These lemon-dill roasted potatoes are a great, flavor-packed side dish. This recipe makes about 5-6 servings. Enjoy!
- 1 lb + 8 oz of fingerling potatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of sliced red onions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp of water
- 3 Tbsp of chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 1/2 cup of sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup of green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Chop the potatoes and onions. Put them into a baking pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Mix to combine evenly. Sprinkle the potatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until the potatoes are soft and browned on the edges.
- In the meantime, make your dressing. Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, tahini, water, fresh dill, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and honey mustard. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Pour the dressing onto the potatoes and combine until everything is evenly covered. Stir in the radishes and green onions. Sprinkle with more pepper if desired. Serve up!
Benefits of this recipe:
-Potatoes help to reduce inflammation in the body, lower blood pressure, stimulates brain function, prevents formation of kidney stones, relieves high blood pressure, prevents heart diseases, and facilitates digestion.
-Dill helps lower cholesterol, may reduce menstrual cramps, and aids digestion.
-Tahini is a great source of calcium, helps regulate blood pressure and cholesterol, it can help balance hormones, and helps improve skin health.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.organicfacts.net and http://www.draxe.com.