It is almost October which means it’s almost pumpkin spice season! These pecan & pumpkin spice oat bars are a healthy way to satisfy your pumpkin spice craving. These treats make a great pair with your afternoon tea. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Whisk until blended evenly.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and pat down until the batter is completely flat.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator to preserve the freshness.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Pumpkin helps maintain healthy eyes, improves immunity, and is good for your complexion.
-Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, helps digestive health, regulates cholesterol, boosts energy and metabolism, and is a great source of omega-3s.
-Oats are high in fiber, reduces heart disease risk, and lowers cholesterol.
The benefits of these ingredients were researched from http://www.draxe.com