Beets are one of my favorite vegetables. First of all, they have the most absolutely gorgeous color. They are packed with many amazing health benefits and taste sweet and delicious when prepared the “Eat Well Mademoiselle” way. Here is my basic recipe to roasting beets to perfection. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups of peeled & chopped beets (chop them into small bite-sized cubes)
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Peel and chop the beets. Transfer the chopped beets onto the lined baking tray.
- Coat the beets with the coconut oil and honey/maple syrup. Make sure the syrup/oil mixture evenly covers the beets.
- Sprinkle the salt and cinnamon evenly over the beets.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the beets are soft and fully cooked.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Beets are high in antioxidants, contain anti-inflammatory properties, supports brain health, supports digestion, can improve athletic performance, and keeps blood pressure in check.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.healthline.com.