This delicious kale salad is seasoned with a simple vinaigrette dressing, topped with sweet honeycrisp apple, chopped dates, and candied walnuts. This is a great salad to pair with a autumn meal. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook time= 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup of candied walnuts (recipe below)
- vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 honeycrisp apple, chopped
- 7 dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
Ingredients for the candied walnuts:
- 1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp of maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
Instructions for the candied walnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Put the walnut mixture on the baking tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Take the tray out of the oven and shake the walnuts around. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let the walnuts cool down for at least 20 minutes.
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tsp of honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- dash of salt and pepper
Instructions for the dressing:
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a jar.
- Set aside.
To prepare the salad:
- Put the chopped kale in a large salad bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and massage into the kale until it is evenly mixed in.
- Add the candied walnuts, apple, dates, and red onion. Toss. Serve up!