Are you having trouble finding the perfect appetizer to bring to your thanksgiving potluck? This pumpkin hummus is festive, wholesome, and delicious. Enjoy this tasty dip with some chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables.
Preparation + Cook time= 10 minutes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tbsp of tahini
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin (from a can is fine!)
- 1 Tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped sage
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of minced garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Put all of the ingredients except for the pumpkin seeds in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until smooth.
- Store the hummus in an air-sealed container in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve, scoop the hummus into a bowl. Top with pumpkin seeds and a dash of paprika. Enjoy!
Benefits of this recipe:
-Pumpkin helps maintain healthy eyes, improves immunity, and is good for your complexion.
-Chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, improves digestion because of high fiber content, helps protect against heart disease, is a good source of protein, and contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as zinc, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
The benefits of these ingredients were researched from http://www.draxe.com