This delicious vegan chili is a protein-packed alternative to a classic meat chili. It is filled with lots of fresh vegetables and savory spices. Top this dish with some chopped avocado and serve with fresh bread. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 45 minutes
Makes 6-7 servings
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 2 cans of crushed roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of hot chili powder (you may add less and more depending on your spice preference)
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of white corn
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Optional: avocado for topping
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion and garlic with olive oil until they become soft.
- Add the carrots and peppers to the pot. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the vegetables start to become tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, paprika, beans, corn, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for another 6-7 minutes. Continue to stir.
- Slowly add the broth the pot. Add the cilantro. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Close the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and top with chopped avocado.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Tomatoes contain cancer-fighting antioxidants, they improve heart health, helps improve vision and eye health, benefits skin health, and protects bone health.
-Beans are high in protein and fiber. They are filled with many valuable vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B1 thiamine, etc. These vitamins and minerals improve cardiovascular health, protects against cancer, maintains digestive health, provides long lasting energy, and keeps blood sugar stable.
-Bell peppers are high in antioxidants, they improve eye health, and prevent anemia.