Why wouldn’t you want to eat pink hummus?! This amazing beetroot hummus is not only a gorgeous & vibrant pink color, but is also one of the tastiest and most nutritious snacks! This recipe is sweetened with a subtle hint of maple syrup and lemon and graced with the flavors of fresh rosemary and cumin. I recommend using this as a spread on fresh crackers or to dip your favorite vegetables in. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup of steamed beets, chopped
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of tahini
- 1/4 tsp of minced garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 spring of rosemary, destemmed
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- optional: top with sliced almonds as garnish
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until smooth.
- Store the hummus in an air-sealed container in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve, scoop the hummus into a bowl. Top with sliced almonds and fresh rosemary as garnish.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, improves digestion because of high fiber content, helps protect against heart disease, is a good source of protein, and contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as zinc, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
-Beets are high in antioxidants, contain anti-inflammatory properties, supports brain health, supports digestion, can improve athletic performance, and keeps blood pressure in check.
The benefits of these ingredients were researched from http://www.draxe.com