Coconut Chia Seed Pudding is one of my favorite treats to make. This recipe has a creamy, rice pudding-like consistency and can be eaten as a sweet breakfast or a dessert. Enjoy!
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 can (14 oz) of coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- optional toppings: berry preserves, coconut flakes, fresh fruit
- Pour the entire can of coconut milk into a jar. Whisk until the consistency is smooth and even.
- Next add in the vanilla extract and honey/maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Finally, add in the chia seeds and continue to whisk to mix everything together. Cover the top of the jar and put into the fridge overnight or for at least 5 hours to set.
- When you are ready to eat, remove the jar from the fridge. Stir the chia pudding around to make sure there are no clumps. Top the pudding with berry preserves, fresh fruit, coconut flakes, or whatever your heart desires!
Benefits of this recipe:
-Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, helps digestive health, regulates cholesterol, boosts energy and metabolism, and is a great source of omega-3s.
The benefits of these ingredients were researched from http://www.draxe.com