This roasted cauliflower dish is coated in a creamy herb sauce with zesty hints of lemon, topped with a crunch of slivered almonds. This recipe makes about 5 servings. Enjoy!
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup of water
- salt & pepper
- slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chopped cauliflower onto a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked and slightly golden.
- In the meantime, make the herb sauce by blending the cilantro, parsley, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, onion, water, and desired amount of salt & pepper together in a food processor.
- Once the cauliflower is done cooking, remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the herb sauce on top and mix until everything is evenly coated. Top each serving with slivered almonds.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Cauliflower helps lower cancer risk, fights inflammation, decreases risk of heart disease, provides high levels of vitamins and minerals, improves digestion and detoxification, helps balance hormones, and preserves eye health.
-Avocado protects heart health, aids in better digestive health, protects from diabetes, balances hormones naturally, and boosts your mood. It is also great for keeping your hair, skin, and eyes healthy.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com