This asian inspired recipe is a light yet satisfying side dish with a sweet and spicy flavor. The cauliflower is roasted to perfection, bathed in a sriracha-honey dressing and seasoned with garlic and black pepper. Enjoy!
Makes about 3-4 servings as a side dish
- 24 oz of cauliflower florets
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup of shelled edamame (preheated)
- 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds
- sriracha-honey sauce (recipe below)
Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 Tbsp of honey
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp of sriracha
- dash of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put the cauliflower on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients together and whisking until it is evenly combined. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done cooking, remove it from the oven and transfer it into a serving bowl. Add the sauce, sesame seeds, and the preheated edamame to the bowl and mix it all together. Serve this dish right away.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Cauliflower helps lower cancer risk, fights inflammation, decreases risk of heart disease, provides high levels of vitamins and minerals, improves digestion and detoxification, helps balance hormones, and preserves eye health.
-Edamame beans are high in protein, helps lower cholesterol, regulates blood sugar, and prevents migraines.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com