This risotto is full of the delectable flavors of mushrooms and leeks, with a zesty essence of lemon and white wine. This meal is cozy and satisfying, perfect for dinner on an autumn evening. Enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 leek, chopped
- 8 oz of white mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of dried dill
- 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of short grain brown rice
- 14g of dried porcini mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the chopped leeks, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil for 4-5 minutes until they become tender.
- Then add the tomato paste, lemon juice, dill, parsley, and paprika. Stir to evenly incorporate these flavors into the vegetables.
- Next add the peas, rice, dried mushrooms, wine, coconut milk, vegetable broth, and dash of salt & pepper.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Once boiled, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 40 mins. Make sure to stir the risotto every 7-8 mins to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Feel free to sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley on top of the risotto when you serve.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Mushrooms are a great source of protein, fiber, antioxidants, and high in B vitamins.
-Peas are an excellent source of plant-based protein, high in fiber, and they support healthy blood sugar control.
-Brown rice helps control diabetes, is rich in antioxidants, prevents obesity, prevents Alzheimer’s disease, improves digestive health, controls cholesterol levels, relieves insomnia, and contains anti-depressant properties.