Hummus and crackers is one of my all time favorite snacks. So, I am always trying to create new hummus flavors. My new favorite is this super easy & quick cilantro-lime hummus. This tastes great simply paired with crackers or try it as a spread inside your sandwich or wrap. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp of tahini
- 1 big handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- desired amount of salt and pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the hummus into a sealable container and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, improves digestion because of high fiber content, helps protect against heart disease, is a good source of protein, and contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as zinc, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
-Cilantro detoxes the body of heavy metals, lowers blood sugar levels, prevents urinary tract infections, settle digestive upset, and supports healthy menstrual function.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com