Autumn is right around the corner which means…pumpkin season is here! These pumpkin spice muffins are a delicious way to kick off the autumn season. This recipe is full of clean, simple ingredients. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 45 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1.5 cups of oat flour (buy gluten free oat flour for gluten free option)
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pumpkin seeds for topping
- Set the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients first: pumpkin, maple syrup, cashew butter, and coconut oil.
- Then, mix in the dry ingredients: oat flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Fill your muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Evenly fill all 12 cupcake liners with batter.
- Top each muffin with pumpkin seeds (or whatever topping you prefer!)
- Bake in the oven for 30-32 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, full of powerful antioxidants, is high in fiber which helps in digestion, improves eye health, and boosts muscle function.
-Oats help improve blood sugar, can help lower cholesterol, lowers the risk of colon cancer, and provides antioxidants.
-Chia seeds are high in fiber, high in omega-3, high in quality protein, may reduce blood sugar levels, and may reduce chronic inflammation.