As I have mentioned before, I LOVE anything with curry. It is a true comfort food for me. This soup is one of my favorite meals to make for my fiancé and I. This creamy noodle soup is spiced with curry and filled with wholesome ingredients such as chickpeas, kale, and tomatoes. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Makes about 4-5 servings
- 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of curry powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (juices included)
- 180 g of udon noodles
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained
- 1 can of lite coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- a few handfuls of chopped kale
- roasted cashews
- In a large pot, sauté the onions on medium-high heat in the olive oil until they are translucent. Then add the curry powder, salt, garlic, soy sauce and paprika. Stir everything together until it’s evenly combined.
- Add the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth to the pot. Cover the pot, turn the heat to low-medium, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- During that time, prepare the noodles according to the package. Set them aside until later.
- After the 10 minutes, add the chickpeas, coconut milk, lime juice, green onion, cilantro, and kale. Stir everything to evenly combine. Cover the pot again and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Finally add the noodles to the pot and mix them into the soup.
- When you are ready to serve, spoon the soup into bowls and top with some fresh green onion and roasted cashews.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Kale is among the most nutrient dense foods on the planet! It is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C, can help lower cholesterol, and protects eye health. There are also numerous cancer-fighting substances in kale.
-Chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, improves digestion because of high fiber content, helps protect against heart disease, is a good source of protein, and contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as zinc, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
-Tomatoes contain cancer-fighting antioxidants, they improve heart health, helps improve vision and eye health, benefits skin health, and protects bone health.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com